BPS bylaws state that after the start of the new school year but no later than August 31 of each year, the Board of Directors will appoint the Nominating Committee which shall consist of the outgoing Board Chair and Vice-Chair if they are not requesting reappointment or if one or both are requesting reappointment, then one (1) or two (2) existing directors who are not up for reappointment; a parent of a currently enrolled student; a community member; and a person who has K-12 education or business experience.
Members of the 2017 Nominating Committee are:
- John Williams, Chair – owner Williams Group PR, provides public relations and marketing to Bridges Prep, 12 years in upper administration of K-12 school district
- Dee Matthews — current member not up for re-election, Board of Directors
- Tina Gentry – BPS parent, community non-profit
- Amy Painton – a BPS parent and staff member
- Dick Stewart – business and community member
- Malcolm Goodridge – business community
NOMINATING COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities of the nominating committee include:
➢ Recruit potential candidates for the BPS Board of Directors
➢ Ensure potential candidates qualify under the SCCS Act, BPS bylaws and demonstrate commitment to the schools mission
➢ Ensure that potential candidates have read, understand and agree to adhere with the BPS Board of Directors Job Description, Application, Individual Board Member Performance Expectations, Charter School Board Service Description and Code of Conduct (all posted to the BPS website under Board of Directors/Board Elections)
➢ Present a slate of qualified candidates to the Board of Directors of sufficient size to meet the minimum Board Members required by the bylaws after the election
➢ Present the prepared slate of potential candidates to the Board of Directors no later than Sept 30.
Timeline – to be updated:
Oct. 6 Ballots mailed to families, staff
Oct. 19 Meet the Candidates forum at regular Board meeting
Oct. 30 Ballots DUE by 4 p.m.
Nov. 16 November board meeting – ballots counted in open session, led by Jim Wegmann
Next day Barring unforeseen circumstances, new board members are announced and training dates set
Dec. 14 At regular board meeting, new members are sworn in
Please check our school website for additional information and documents relating to the important nomination and selection of our Board of Directors. Thank you for your support of Bridges Prep!
- BPS Board of Directors Job Description
- Charter School Board Service Description
- Board of Directors – Chair Job Description
- Board of Directors – Vice Chair Job Description
- Board of Directors – Treasurer Job Description
- Board of Directors – Secretary Job Description
- Board Member Commitment Agreement
- BPS Board of Directors Individual Performance Expectations
- 2017 BPS Board Application Packet
- For more details regarding the election process and dates, please review our charter and bylaws.