Parent Teacher Organization
A PTO’s primary objective should be to support the school and its students. How that is accomplished is up to the organization. Volunteerism, committees and fundraising are usually the PTO’s main items. The PTO should fundraise to raise money for a goal that will benefit students and teachers. Most PTOs spend routine amounts for enrichment programs, teacher appreciation, support of activities like sports and field trips, but also buy big ticket items, like lighting systems, computers or printers. Some PTOs fund playgrounds or school signs.
- PTO members Drive. Fill our the PTO Membership Registration form
- Order BPS Spirit T-Shirts
- PTO Membership Drive
- Spirit Nights @ Fat Patties, Moe’s & Chick-Fil-A — Bridges Spirit Night at Chic-fil-A
- Food Drive for The Lowcountry Food Bank
- Fundraiser American Cancer Society
- Box Tops for Education
- Can pull tabs for Ronald McDonald Medical Foundation
- Teacher Monthly Appreciation Lunch …and more!
PTO Upcoming Meetings
Meeting time: 6:30 pm. Meeting location: 1100 Boundary Street, Beaufort, SC 29902. All meetings will be held every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm at the Main Campus. See the school calendar for details.
The PTO must be FOIA compliant, please review:
- Public Official’s Guide to Compliance with South Carolina’s Freedom of Information Act: scpress.org/Documents/2011FOI.pdf
- SC Code of Law, Freedom of Information Act: scstatehouse.gov/code/t30c004.PHP
|Charlene Baer email@example.com||President|
|Kelly Lesene||Event Coordinator|
|Trish Torres||PTO Volunteer Coordinator*|
*this position is different from the BPS Volunteer Coordinator, LizAnn Pendarvis