Bridges Preparatory School is in the process of receiving Purple Star School distinction from the South Carolina State Department of Education.
SC Department of Education Criteria for Purple Star:
- Assign a designated liaison to be a single point of contact for military families and military-connected students who is trained to support issues that face military families, including relocation, deployment, loss, and academic training.
- Create a website specifically for military families to provide current information about schools and the district.
- Adhere to the Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission to ensure that students receive transfer credit from previous schools so they will not have to retake classes.
- Ensure that transfer students can participate in sports, clubs, and other school enrichment programs.
- Provide specialized training for school counselors, staff, and administrators.
Military Family Resources
Message From the CEO
Dear Military Families,
Welcome to the Lowcountry and thank you for choosing Bridges Preparatory School for your family's educational journey.
Our school focuses on a whole-child approach to growing our students socially, emotionally, and academically. Relationships are the key to a child feeling safe and developing a sense of agency in an effective environment. Our school cultivates relationships and connectivity of students and faculty in the learning process.
Our many "Points of Pride" include a graduation rate of 98%. We attribute this percentage of success to the many incredible educators and faculty that have a hand in the 13 years of development and growth in each student. We have recently been named The Lowcountry's Best Charter Schools, a Project Lead The Way National School of Distinction in STEM Learning, and a Nationally Distinguished Paideia School.
Bridges Preparatory School is proud to have been designated by the South Carolina Department of Education as a Purple Star School, which reflects our significant commitment to having programs and resources in place to support military-connected students and their families.
We recognize the unique needs and challenges that military families face, including transitioning to new communities and new schools due to military transfers. Please be assured that we have a comprehensive support system in place to provide you with any assistance that you may need. Feel free to contact our military community liaisons-- Jamie Cowan (elementary), Samantha Caster (middle school), and Arika Brown (high school)-- to ensure that your transition is a memorable one.
Again, welcome to Bridges Preparatory School.
Together we are...........Bucs!
Gary S. McCulloch ED.S
Chief Executive Officer