The Bridges Counseling Department provides high-quality, comprehensive counseling services with equal access to all students. We believe in utilizing a holistic approach when working with students to address their needs academically, personally, and socially in order to shape them into productive citizens. Our Counseling program emphasizes the importance of character development and maintaining a healthy school climate in which every student feels safe and supported.
Meet our Counseling Team
The vision of the guidance team is for all students to be prepared for their desired pathway after high school graduation. The goal is that every student will acquire the academic, career, and personal/social skills to reach their fullest educational potential and to successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible, competent, and productive citizens who respect themselves and others.
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in academic success.
- All students have a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- All students can manage behavior and academic expectations.
- The Counseling Program serves a central role in meeting students’ developmental needs through interventions in academic, career, and personal/social domains.
- Student needs can be best met through a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- A comprehensive school counseling program is tailored to meet students’ educational and developmental needs as identified through needs assessments that have been translated into attainable goals.
- The American School Counselor Association ethical standards should guide the work of the school counseling program and school counselors.
Parents and students are encouraged to join the Bucs Strong Google Classroom for additional resources and information.
South Carolina Universal Grading Policy
Student Rank and Grade Point Average (GPA) at Bridges Preparatory School are calculated based on the South Carolina Uniform Grading Policy (SCUGP). The ranking is based on all academic classes at the end of each academic year and includes the entire class of diploma-seeking candidates. Class rank will be demonstrated on the official transcript of every student.