Learning at BPS
Learning is at the center of everything we do.
At Bridges Preparatory School, we strive to educate the whole child and ensure our students develop academic knowledge and social emotional skills that will prepare them for their future. Our coursework, from Kindergarten to Grade 12, provides meaningful and challenging opportunities for both individual and collective achievement.
At BPS, we value having a growth mindset and give each student lifelong tools to persevere. We have high expectations and are dedicated to ensuring every student receives the best possible education.
Bridges Preparatory School is a Paideia Seminar Nationally Certified School.
Paideia is a teaching approach that focuses on developing the whole child. It is founded on the principles that all children can learn and deserve a quality education. Paideia stresses a rigorous academic program and secure, caring learning environment. Critical thinking, reasoning, and communication is emphasized.
- Active learning— fostering critical and creative thinking through Socratic seminar, intellectual coaching, and mastery of information.
- High-quality education for all— preparing children of all backgrounds, in public and private schools, to live up to their potential.
- Preparation for a full life— teaching essential skills so students can earn a good living, contribute to our democracy, and pursue happiness.
STEM develops a set of thinking, reasoning, teamwork, investigative, and creative skills that students can use in all areas of their lives. STEM isn’t a standalone class—it’s a way to intentionally incorporate different subjects across an existing curriculum.
- Focuses on real-world issues and problems.
- Is guided by the engineering design process.
- Immerses students in hands-on inquiry and open-ended exploration.
- Involves students in productive teamwork.
- Applies rigorous math and science content.
- Allows for multiple right answers and reframes failure as a necessary part of learning.